Non-code-generating compiler-compiler wanted.

David Bennett <dmb@pfxcorp.com>
6 Dec 1998 23:28:21 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Non-code-generating compiler-compiler wanted. dmb@pfxcorp.com (David Bennett) (1998-12-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: David Bennett <dmb@pfxcorp.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Dec 1998 23:28:21 -0500

For some time now I've been looking for a compiler-compiler which does
NOT generate C source code (or C++ or any language where the user
needs to have a compiler and linker). I have no particular need for
many standard features such as high speed/optimisation/data flow
analysis etc; the main purpose is text transformation and awk-like
speeds are quite adequate.

I am aware of TXL. It goes close, but you can't control the lexer,
which is bad. I am aware of a yacc derivative which generates Perl.
I'll use that if there is nothing better. Thanks in advance for any
helpful suggestions.
--
( David Bennett Heisenberg probably rules, OK! )
( POWERflex Corporation Developers of PFXplus )