Re: [Q] Encapsulated parsers (Bob Collins)
1 Dec 1998 02:42:59 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
[Q] Encapsulated parsers (1998-11-24)
Re: [Q] Encapsulated parsers (1998-11-30)
Re: [Q] Encapsulated parsers (Chris F Clark) (1998-11-30)
Re: [Q] Encapsulated parsers (1998-11-30)
Re: [Q] Encapsulated parsers (1998-12-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Bob Collins)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Dec 1998 02:42:59 -0500
> > encapsulated parsers, ... wrote:
> Do you actually want to parse the data in different ways--meaning
> different grammars--or just want different actions to take place
> within the parse?

Right now I use different grammars to parse similar structures in very
different ways, and the grammars are highly ambiguous, requiring
runtime disambiguation. If I could figure out how to use a signle
grammar, I would. But your ANTLR 2 approach looks quite promising.
Thank you, I will investigate it further. (For those interested, this
work is related to using parsers as the engines for classical expert
systems, a concept that unites two children, parsers and expert
systems, of Post Production Systems.)

Bob Collins <> <>