Re: COBOL Samples & Validation

"Leif Svalgaard" <leif@ibm.net>
24 Nov 1998 22:25:36 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
COBOL Samples & Validation schooler@incert.com (Richard Schooler) (1998-11-19)
Re: COBOL Samples & Validation wmklein@ix.netcom.com (William M. Klein) (1998-11-21)
Re: COBOL Samples & Validation leif@ibm.net (Leif Svalgaard) (1998-11-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Leif Svalgaard" <leif@ibm.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.cobol
Date: 24 Nov 1998 22:25:36 -0500

Richard Schooler wrote...
>We're looking for samples of COBOL code, especially large applications
>and exhaustive coverage of COBOL features....

>Our intent is to compile these programs on our P390 mainframe
>development system and use them as test cases for our binary
>instrumentation tool. So for any applications, we're also looking for
>sample input and output. We're willing to pay.

Richard,

The ETK toolset (http://www.etk.com) comprises about 500 programs with
a total of 700,000 lines. These programs are of great complexity and
should be excellent test cases, although some esoteric features of
Cobol (e.g. ALTER) are not used. There are both interactive programs
and batch programs. They will all run under TSO.

To get an idea you can go to
http://www.etk.com/products/etkf32/index.htm and download the sources.