Re: looking for a c++ -> c++ parser

Eric Marsden <emarsden@mail.dotcom.fr>
19 Nov 1998 23:30:34 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
looking for a c++ -> c++ parser izrailev@cs.utah.edu (1998-11-15)
Re: looking for a c++ -> c++ parser lindahl@cs.virginia.edu (1998-11-19)
Re: looking for a c++ -> c++ parser emarsden@mail.dotcom.fr (Eric Marsden) (1998-11-19)
Re: looking for a c++ -> c++ parser chase@world.std.com (David Chase) (1998-11-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Eric Marsden <emarsden@mail.dotcom.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Nov 1998 23:30:34 -0500

    iz> I am looking for a parser written in c/c++ that processes C++
    iz> code, generates a semantic parse tree, and outputs the same
    iz> code. I would then try to modify the parser to add some member
    iz> functions and data members to the classes that it parses.

This sounds like a problem which could be resolved using reflection.
You may be interested in OpenC++, a version of C++ with a metaobject
protocol. It is in effect a source-to-source translator for C++, which
can be used to add domain-specific compiler extensions.

      http://www.softlab.is.tsukuba.ac.jp/~chiba/openc++.html

@InProceedings{Chib95a,
    author = "Shigru Chiba",
    title = "A Metaobject Protocol for {C}++",
    booktitle = "Proceedings of OOPSLA '95",
    series = "ACM SIGPLAN Notices",
    volume = "30",
    number = "10",
    pages = "285--299",