Re: distributed compiler scopes

Jerry Leichter <>
6 Nov 1998 15:51:18 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
distributed compiler scopes (Michael Schoettner) (1998-11-01)
Re: distributed compiler scopes (1998-11-06)
Re: distributed compiler scopes (Jerry Leichter) (1998-11-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Jerry Leichter <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Nov 1998 15:51:18 -0500

| I'm looking for research papers discussing the extension of compiler
| scopes to an distributed level. Is there anything available?

You should probably look at:

Obliq: A Language with Distributed Scope
Luca Cardelli

Digital SRC Research Report 122
June 3, 1994
64 pages

Obliq is a lexically-scoped untyped interpreted language that supports
distributed object-oriented computation. An Obliq computation may
involve multiple threads of control within an address space, multiple
address spaces on a machine, heterogeneous machines over a local
network, and multiple networks over the Internet. Obliq objects have
state and are local to a site. Obliq computations can roam over the
network, while maintaining network connections.

Available from:

-- Jerry