beginner question about bison (Christian Schlange)
7 Oct 1998 23:05:33 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
beginner question about bison (1998-10-07)
Re: beginner question about bison (Beeblebrox) (1998-10-10)
Re: beginner question about bison (1998-10-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Christian Schlange)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 7 Oct 1998 23:05:33 -0400

I just started using bison some days ago with testing the example
programs in the bison-info-files (reverse polish notation calculation).
Bison compiles the source and creates the c-file, but this is NOT
compilable, because some variables doesn't seem to be declared
(in my case yyval1 and yyval2, in other sources also yytext). This
seem to be variables used for storing intermediate results, and
I wonder WHY they aren't declared. PLEASE, could somebody
give me a small hint. Bison seems to be a great tool, and I want
it to work :)