Re: FSM code generators

"George W. Freas II \(Chip\)" <>
5 Oct 1998 20:51:12 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
FSM code generators (Rune Christensen) (1998-10-01)
Re: FSM code generators (1998-10-04)
Re: FSM code generators (George W. Freas II \(Chip\)) (1998-10-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "George W. Freas II \(Chip\)" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Oct 1998 20:51:12 -0400

Rune Christensen wrote:
> I desperately need help on a tool I used a couple of years ago. I
> believe it was named EasyState. You could draw a (Harel) FSM engine
> and it generated C++ source code. It also could simulate the engine
> using Visual Basic.

The following link is for a top down parser generator that uses YACC
compatible input files:

It can generate a FSM with BNF. An evaluation / educational version
will be available soon. I do not know your requirements, but it is nice
to be able to use standard BNF in many cases.

George W. Freas II (Chip)
Synergistic Consultants, Inc.