Re: FSM code generators (Ken Rose)
4 Oct 1998 01:08:11 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
FSM code generators (Rune Christensen) (1998-10-01)
Re: FSM code generators (1998-10-04)
Re: FSM code generators (George W. Freas II \(Chip\)) (1998-10-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Ken Rose)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 Oct 1998 01:08:11 -0400

Rune Christensen <> wrote:
>I desperately need help on a tool I used a couple of years ago. I
>believe it was named EasyState.

You might take a look at Esterel.

It's a language designed to do finite state systems. It has a
reasonably sensible syntax to describe the behavior that you want from
the state machine, and it will generate either C or hardware netlists.

I understand that it has been used in aircraft flight control systems,
including fly-by-wire designs. It can handle a LOT of states. It
does a pretty good job of shielding you from the underlying
complexity, too.

      Ken Rose