Re: C compiler for DLX (RKRayhawk)
26 Sep 1998 01:26:27 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C compiler for DLX (Roman T. Grizulyak) (1998-09-24)
Re: C compiler for DLX (1998-09-26)
Re: C compiler for DLX (1998-09-29)
Re: C compiler for DLX (1998-10-01)
Re: C compiler for DLX (Peter Bergner) (1998-10-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (RKRayhawk)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Sep 1998 01:26:27 -0400

I do not have the direct answer, but I have some leads for you ...

I -

Using AltaVista
scanning for DLX
found ...
  ... htm/node1.html#SECTION00001000000000000000

(yes, it is that long!)

invovles academic work on a DLX simulator (source in C)

up the tree found

a reference to
"The GNU DLX Cross Compiler (DCC)" documentation and (PS/PDF) on
the DLX environment and floating point Architecture

(This page contains an e-mail link to html page author, who may
be able point you to a relevant ftp site).

If this site does not give you clear enough back track to
GNU ftp's, post again for GNU guidance, or post in GNU
help newsgroups. There are a number of GNU ftp sites world wide,
if you do not know that already. It can save you time if you can
get a hint from someone who knows a site that has DLX compiler, and
the current image.

You may also want to note the specific OS you will use for your
compilations in further posts to invite comments from those who
have deployed the DLX C compiler in that exact situation.

II -
also found

with mention of dlxcc and dlxsim,
again this appears to be a Sun environment.
(the page has a potentially useful e-mail address for you).

troling around I found a brief description at

directory dates suggest that the particular material hit is more than
12 months old, but if you can establish contact they may guide you to
downloadables with recent images.

  you may also wish to visit

where it appears that GCC is being used for DLX cross compiles
(as opposed to DCC).

IV -
this is off topic a bit, but some lurkers interested in DLX may find

interesting. dlxview is apparently a visualizer. It involves
Tcl and Tk so could absorb time if you are not set up yet for that ...

however the e-mail contact may be able to point to downloadable DLX
compilers at Purdue.

Best Wishes

Robert Rayhawk