linkers; was Re: 1-pass Assembler Design

Dave Hanson <>
22 Sep 1998 22:28:50 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
linkers; was Re: 1-pass Assembler Design (Dave Hanson) (1998-09-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Dave Hanson <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Sep 1998 22:28:50 -0400

I've received several requests for the linker paper cited below, so I've
dredged up a (fat) PDF file containing the scanned images for this paper;
it's at (1041KB). If
you're interested in only the errata John mentions below, visit (21KB).
dave hanson

From Norman Ramsey <>
Date 20 Aug 1998 14:08:42 -0400
Keywords assembler, linker, comment

Anyone who finds this description appealing will enjoy the following
paper, which describes a linker along these lines.

      Fraser, Christopher W. and David R. Hanson. 1982 (April). A
      machine-independent linker. Software---Practice & Experience
[An excellent paper. Be sure to get the errata sheet that goes with it. -John]