Re: DSP compiler development tools

Jan Guffens <>
16 Aug 1998 22:41:19 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
DSP compiler development tools (Kent Stenman) (1998-08-13)
Re: DSP compiler development tools (Jan Guffens) (1998-08-16)
Re: DSP compiler development tools (Preston Gurd) (1998-08-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Jan Guffens <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Aug 1998 22:41:19 -0400

Writing a DSP compiler is a very difficult undertaking.
You could have a look at the following sites (all commercial)

edg ( This is only a C++ frontend and is good

archelon (

ace (http:/ They seem to have developed something for the
      Philips REAL processor.

target compiler technologies (

Frontier Design ( under DSPStation.
  We will generate a complete DSP processor with the
corresponding application program.

Kent Stenman wrote:

> Does anybody knows any good tools for development of dsp compilers.
> Doses it exists any dsp compilers developed with such a tool except
> for GNU CC.
Jan Guffens : Senior Design Consultant :
Frontier Design : phone +32 16 391431 : fax +32 16
Abdijstraat 34 : :
3001 Leuven Belgium : email