Re: "dynamic" parser

Olivier Lefevre <>
10 Aug 1998 23:21:49 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
"dynamic" parser (jan) (1998-07-28)
Re: "dynamic" parser (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (1998-08-02)
Re: "dynamic" parser (Olivier Lefevre) (1998-08-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Olivier Lefevre <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Aug 1998 23:21:49 -0400

Unless your users want to browse a really wide range of sites,
I'd just special-case each site, as there aren't that many of them
that traders (unless they are into exotic stuff like emerging market
exchanges) really use and every site tends to have a standard format
for all its tables (which often look like Excel CSV dumps, by the way).
I did it once for a few US sites and it was no big deal. You will
probably have to take that route anyway because in some cases the
HTML annotations provided are really minimal: a mere wrapper around
an ASCII table.

If you really want to roll out a general solution, you might want to
look at the SGML parsers and transformation tools listed under

-- O.L.