Compiler positions available for week ending August 9

compilers-jobs@iecc.com
10 Aug 1998 10:17:37 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending August 9 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2009-08-09)
Compiler positions available for week ending August 9 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1998-08-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers-jobs@iecc.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 10 Aug 1998 10:17:37 -0400

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 16:15:36 +0200
From: Vania Joloboff <v.joloboff@opengroup.org>
Subject: Compiler Engineer at Open Group, France

The Open Group Research Institute is now recruiting compiler
engineering positions for its laboratory in Grenoble, France.

Job Title: Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer

Location: Grenoble, FRANCE

Job responsibilities:

Work with a small team on the Java compilers that we develop
(both Just-In-Time and Ahead-Of-Time compilers)
The work includes design and specifications, development
and testing of new software, and support of our existing software.

Successful applicants will have broad knowledge in
computing science plus intense interest in object oriented
language interpreters and/or compilers.

The applicants will speak English fluently, work well in teams, be self
motivated, move rapidly and confidently to tackle new challenges.

More information on our work can be found at
                http://www.gr.opengroup.org/java
                http://www.gr.opengroup.org/java/compiler
                http://www.opengroup.org/openitsol/turboj/

Job Requirements:

- MS or Ph D.
- Preferably industry experience, but not required.
- Experience with compilers, in particular optimizations
                such as interprocedural analysis, global and
                local optimization, and preferably SSA techniques.
- Object-oriented design
- Java experience preferably but not required.
- Garbage collection experience would be a plus
- Some knowledge of computer architecture and hardware concepts.
- Ability to rapidly understand an existing code base.
- The working language is English

Contact Information:

                Vania Joloboff
                The Open Group Research Institute
                2 Avenue de Vignate
                38610 Gieres
                FRANCE
                Tel: +33 47 663 4892

Please send e-mail resumes as ASCII or Postscript or HTML or PDF or MS
Word.
to V.Joloboff@opengroup.org

V.Joloboff@opengroup.org Tel:+33 47 663 4892
http://www.gr.opengroup.org/~vania Fax:+33 47 651 0532

-------------------------------

From: Kim Vu <kvu@activestaff.com>
Subject: Compiler Guru Needed (Silicon Valley, Recruiter)
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 20:42:16 -0700

I'm looking for a Senior Level Engineer with compiler development
experience. I represent the leading company in high-performance C/C++
compilers for PowerPC, 68K, M.CORE, and CPU32 microprocessors.

The senior level position includes the following opportunities:
- Current tool enhancement
- Projects in new Targets
- Projects in new Languages
- Better overall tool integration
- Individual contributions / ideas encouraged and rewarded

If you have experience with compiler internal development and want to
work for the best, contact me with your resume at kvu@activestaff.com
408.245.1400

-------------------------------

From: Scott Simmons <simmons@transmeta.com>
Subject: Transmeta Corporation.
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 17:48:11 -0700
Subject: Compiler jobs at Silicon Valley startup

Come work with bright people on fun problems at a famous start up. We
are seeking several people with strong backgrounds in one or more of the
following: code generation, optimization, debugging and processor
simulation. Junior and Senior positions available. located in Santa
Clara, Ca., USA.

For more information or consideration, please contact:

Scott Simmons
Transmeta Corporation
3940 Freedom Circle,
Santa Clara, Ca. 95054