Re: Portable libc?

Bart Robinson <>
30 Jul 1998 23:22:15 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Portable libc? (Mark H E White II) (1998-07-28)
Re: Portable libc? (1998-07-30)
Re: Portable libc? (Shankar Unni) (1998-07-30)
Re: Portable libc? (Bart Robinson) (1998-07-30)
Re: Portable libc? (1998-07-31)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Bart Robinson <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Jul 1998 23:22:15 -0400

Mark H E White II <> writes:
> What I want is a ANSI libc that that can be linked with a ?oslib? to
> make a full libc. My target machine is a 386(+) in pmode where the
> oslib can just be hw calls like for demos or syscalls to a hobby OS.

You sound like an OSKit poster-child :-). Check out

The OSKit contains a small libc that probably does exactly what you
want. It also has device, filesystem, and networking libraries, an
X11 client library, and even a small pthreads layer.

However, the the source is not currently available. We have been
planning another release for a while and it will happen real soon now
(mail to get on the announce list,
oskit-users-request to get on the user list).

Bart Robinson
University of Utah Flux Group -