Tools & UOPT

Arvind Jagannath <>
26 Jul 1998 13:32:32 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Tools & UOPT (Arvind Jagannath) (1998-07-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Arvind Jagannath <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Jul 1998 13:32:32 -0400

I'm Arvind, working in DEC (India) in the MIPS A_CC Compilers team,
I have to solve a performance problem for the A_CC ucode optimizer, uopt.

I'm desperately in search of tools i can use, to make debugging the uopt module
more easy.

The bug is concerning why uopt took too much time to optimize a file having
something like the below.

fun1() { fun2(); }
fun2() { fun3(); }
continuing like this for 3000 lines.

Any kind of suggestions are welcome.

Arvind Jagannath
India Development Center,
Compaq India
45/14, Digital House, Tumkur Road,
Yashwanthpur, II stage, Bangalore - 560 022
Ph: 00-91-80-3370445 (Extn. 476)
[Looks to me like you've got some quadratic algorithms there. Should be
easy enough to profile and find them. -John]