Java Compiler Documentation

Kerry Benefield <>
26 Jul 1998 00:35:31 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Java Compiler Documentation (Kerry Benefield) (1998-07-26)
Re: Java Compiler Documentation (Scott Stanchfield) (1998-07-26)
Re: Java Compiler Documentation (Cathal McCarron) (1998-07-27)
Re: Java Compiler Documentation (1998-07-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Kerry Benefield <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Jul 1998 00:35:31 -0400

For my project towards an MSc I'm taking I have to modify the Java
compiler to introduce a form of assertion support.

Is there a source of documentation for the structure of the compiler? I
don't find the comments in the Java sources for the compiler
particularly helpful.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cathal McCarron