Call for submission CMCS'99

Simone Panka <Simone.Panka@cwi.nl>
24 Jul 1998 12:29:26 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Call for submission CMCS'99 Simone.Panka@cwi.nl (Simone Panka) (1998-07-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Simone Panka <Simone.Panka@cwi.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Jul 1998 12:29:26 -0400

EARLY CALL FOR SUBMISSION:

After the success of the first workshop on coalgebras in computer
science: CMCS '98, we are pleased to announce:

      CMCS '99:
      ==== ==

      SECOND INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON
      ====== ============= ======== ==

      COALGEBRAIC METHODS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
      =========== ======= == ======== =======

Amsterdam, 20-21 March 1999
Satellite workshop preceding ETAPS '99

Organized by: Bart Jacobs, Larry Moss, Horst Reichel, Jan Rutten.

Programme Committee: To be announced. The following persons
have already agreed to be a member: Hans Peter Gumm,
Bart Jacobs, Larry Moss, Ataru T. Nakagawa, John Power,
Horst Reichel, Jan Rutten.

Submissions:
            1 January 1999: deadline for submissions
            12 February 1999: notification
            3 March 1999: final version

State-based dynamical systems as found throughout computing science
are traditionally described as transition systems or certain kinds of
automata. During the last decade, it has become increasingly clear
that such systems can be captured uniformly as ``coalgebras'' (which
are the formal dual of algebras). Coalgebra is beginning to develop
into a field of its own, with its own proof-methods (involving
bisimulations and invariants). This workshop will be devoted to both
an introduction to basic coalgebraic notions and techniques, and also
to some recent advances in the theory and applications of coalgebras.

We are looking for participants to this informal workshop on both the
theory and the use of coalgebras in computer science.

As with CMCS '98, we plan to publish the proceedings of this meeting
as a volume of ENTCS (Electronic Lecture Notes in Computer Science),
to be followed by a special issue of TCS.

The proceedings of CMCS '98,
published as ENTCS Volume 11, can be found at:

http://www.elsevier.nl/cas/tree/store/tcs/free/noncas/pc/covvol11.htm

Information on the previous meeting: CMCS '98
is available at:

                http://www.cs.kun.nl/~bart/coalg_worksh.html.

More information on CMCS '99 and instructions for submission
will be soon available at the same address.