Re: PL/I parser (Josef Grosch)
3 Jul 1998 00:44:21 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PL/I parser (shawn k whitlow) (1998-07-01)
Re: PL/I parser (1998-07-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Josef Grosch)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Jul 1998 00:44:21 -0400

shawn k whitlow <> wrote:
> Does anyone out there know of any parsers for PL/I?

> [ ... My impression is that there's only two full PL/I
> parsers in the world, the one in IBM's compilers, and the
> Freibourghouse one in everyone else's compilers. -John]

Well, there is also the PL/I parser from CoCoLab. It recognizes full
IBM PL/I, which is more than ANSI PL/I, and comes with a complete PL/I
preprocessor. The parser constructs a syntax tree. A demo version
with graphic visualization of the constructed tree for Windows 95 and
NT can be downloaded from our web site. Otherwise the system is a
commercial product.

Best regards

Dr. Josef Grosch

CoCoLab - Datenverarbeitung