Debug information format. (Jacob Navia)
18 Jun 1998 11:13:43 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Debug information format. (1998-06-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Jacob Navia)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Jun 1998 11:13:43 -0400

I would like to generate more detailed info than is available in the
NB09 format (Microsoft CodeView) Specifically,
I would like that the debugger of lcc-win32 could have information
about columns, and not only line numbers. For instance:
for (i=0; i<10;i++) { if (somefn(i)) b=foo(); else b = 56;}
With only line number info the debugger is unable to trace that.
I would like to include the line number of a symbol's definition and the
file it is defined in, so the debugger could point the user to that place
without calling the compiler.
Data dependencies: variable b depends on (somefn(i)), foo().

Anybody here knows of a better debug format?

Thanks in advance.

Jacob Navia Logiciels/Informatique
41 rue Maurice Ravel Tel 01
93430 Villetaneuse Fax 01