Re: Opinions and experiences using LCC Win32

jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr (Jacob Navia)
3 Jun 1998 01:58:51 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Opinions and experiences using LCC Win32 plowman@springfield.net (1998-05-30)
Re: Opinions and experiences using LCC Win32 jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr (1998-06-03)
lcc-win32 jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr (1998-06-03)
Re: Opinions and experiences using LCC Win32 m.hollder@virgin.net (Mark Hollder) (1998-06-09)
Re: Opinions and experiences using LCC Win32 dmr@bell-labs.com (Dennis Ritchie) (1998-06-11)
Re: Opinions and experiences using LCC Win32 amoroso@mclink.it (1998-06-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr (Jacob Navia)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Jun 1998 01:58:51 -0400

> I'd like to hear from any people who have used LCC-Win32.
> I'm thinking of trying it out, but before I put all the time into downloading
> the whole thing, and then getting it all set up, id like to know what
> a few other people think of it.

Downloading the whole thing is just 2MB... not a big deal this days for a whole
compiler system. Setting it up means just running 'Setuplcc".
> I never seem to find it mentioned anywhere
> other than the "free compilers" listing. Is there anyone out there using it?

There are several dozen people downloading it every day. I receive many messages
per day from users all around the world. But it is true. Nobody speaks about
it, and I do not have any public relations budget.. actually not any budget at
all.

Give it a try at:
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

--