Introducing the Father of Decompilation web page

Cristina Cifuentes <cristina@it.uq.edu.au>
3 Jun 1998 01:56:36 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Introducing the Father of Decompilation web page cristina@it.uq.edu.au (Cristina Cifuentes) (1998-06-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Cristina Cifuentes <cristina@it.uq.edu.au>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Jun 1998 01:56:36 -0400

Bill Caudle and I have developed a web page on the history of
decompilation (by tracing projects), and anecdotes from some of the
original decompilation projects in the 60s and 70s. These pages are
dedicated to the memory of the late Prof Maurice Halstead, who was
involved in the conceptualisation of most of the techniques developed
in those projects. Further, we award him the title of "Father of
Decompilation" for his input into this area.

The pages are accessible from the Decompilation Page at
http://www.csee.uq.edu.au/csm/decompilation/

Cristina