Re: 00 Compiler Construction Bibliography Wanted

Ramesh Narayanaswamy <nramesh@ganesh-systems.com>
21 Apr 1998 00:33:54 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
00 Compiler Construction Bibliography Wanted rlopez@uxmcc2.iimas.unam.mx (Roberto Erick Lopez Herrejon) (1998-04-18)
Re: 00 Compiler Construction Bibliography Wanted nramesh@ganesh-systems.com (Ramesh Narayanaswamy) (1998-04-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Ramesh Narayanaswamy <nramesh@ganesh-systems.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 Apr 1998 00:33:54 -0400

Roberto Erick Lopez Herrejon wrote:
> ... if you could recommend me some bibliography about that
> since most of the text books only conver the implementation of
> procedural (like Pascal) languages.

Modern Compiler Implementation in (C|Java|ML) by A. Appel (latest
hardback edition) has a chapter on compiling OO languages.

Try http://liinwww.ira.uka.de/bibliography/index.html for a collection
of CS bibliographies.

Other references -

Craig Chambers
      The Design and Implementation of the Self Compiler, an Optimizing
Compiler for Object-Oriented Programming Languages
      PhD Thesis, Computer Science Department, Stanford University, March
1992.

OOPSLA proceedings are a good source -

a random sample -
Jeffrey Dean and Greg DeFouw and David Grove and Vassily Litvinov and
Craig Chambers
      VORTEX: An Optimizing Compiler for Object-Oriented Languages
      Proceedings OOPSLA '96 Conference on Object-Oriented Programming
Systems, Languages, and Applications, ACM
      SIGPLAN Notices, 31(10), pp. 83-100, October 1996.
--
regards,
  Ramesh