Re: procedure abstraction

Lars Raeder Clausen <>
15 Apr 1998 23:26:21 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
procedure abstraction (Charles Lefurgy) (1998-04-13)
Re: procedure abstraction (Lars Raeder Clausen) (1998-04-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Lars Raeder Clausen <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Apr 1998 23:26:21 -0400

On 13 Apr 1998, Charles Lefurgy outgrape:

> I am trying to find some references to "procedure abstraction"
> (the opposite of procedure inlining).
> I am aware of two:
> . Standish, The Irvine Program Transformation Catalogue
> . Fraser, Analyzing and Compressing Assembly Code
> Does anyone know of other references?

Try some of these:

* Frazer, Proebsting: Custom Instruction Sets for Code Compression
* Ernst, Evans, Frase, Lucco, Proebsting: Code Compression
* Proebsting: Optimizing an ANSI C Interpreter with Superoperators
* Bird, Mudge: An Instruction Stream Compression Technique

-- -- homepage at