Control constructs in debugger subprograms

Joseph Wisniewski <>
13 Apr 1998 00:49:34 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Control constructs in debugger subprograms (Joseph Wisniewski) (1998-04-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Joseph Wisniewski <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.ada,
Date: 13 Apr 1998 00:49:34 -0400

I am implementing control constructs in debugger subprograms and
debugger initialization files for an Ada compiler vendor for a new
debugger product.

I would like to be pointed to articles written or discuss efficiency
issues with anyone who has gone through this implementation.

Specifically, addressing loops and handling of "loop exiting" ( via an
exit when <condition> ) statement. How this is done depends on things
like whether or not a "pre-compile" or "construct malformation" pass
is implemented or doing this malformation detection "on the fly"
during interpretation/execution. How to "find" the "end loop" and make
sure it is the right "end loop" can then be implemented in differing

Without getting into too much of the nitty gritty, I am looking for
some contacts, thoughts, information on this topic.

Joe Wisniewski
President, Commercial Software Solutions, Ltd.
4403 W. Chama Suite #101
Glendale, Arizona 85310

(Voice) 602-580-4008 888-229-7597
(Fax) 602-580-4010 888-568-8734