VAX instruction set (User fs29)
3 Apr 1998 17:09:25 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
VAX instruction set (1998-04-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (User fs29)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Apr 1998 17:09:25 -0500

I am thinking of writing a VAX backend for one of my
compilers. Therefore, I am looking for a description of the VAX
instruction set. Since there are VAX backends for so many different
compilers, I guessed that it should be easy to get information about
this machine. After having checked Altavista and the DEC home page,
however, it seems harder than I thought. Does anybody out there known
an URL or an inexpensive book covering the VAX architecture?

Thank you for your help.

Nils M. Holm
[I have a VAX Architecture Handbook circa 1981 that DEC gave me for free.