question: attribute grammar (separk)
30 Mar 1998 21:39:21 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
question: attribute grammar (1998-03-30)
Re: question: attribute grammar (Etienne Duris) (1998-04-03)
Re: question: attribute grammar (Frank Derichsweiler) (1998-04-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (separk)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Mar 1998 21:39:21 -0500

I understand that an attribute grammar provides a static semantics of
a given context-free grammar.

However, I am wondering in general how one determines inherited
attributes and synthesized attributes for terminals and nonterminals
of a given context-free grammar.

Is there a rule that tells how those attributes should be determined
or the determination should be done so that those attributes reflect
the semantics of the grammar (so, could be arbitrarily defined)?

I would really apperciate any explanation and pointers that I could
find more information about the subject.

Thank you very much for your time.

Seongbin Park