Re: what is the title of the book? [C++ reference manual]

mikee@cetasoft.savetrees.com (Mike Enright)
13 Mar 1998 00:05:50 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
what is the title of the book? daxingye@sprint.ca (Daxing Ye) (1998-03-03)
Re: what is the title of the book? ceebds@cee.hw.ac.uk (Ben Speight) (1998-03-06)
Re: what is the title of the book? [C++ reference manual] mikee@cetasoft.savetrees.com (1998-03-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: mikee@cetasoft.savetrees.com (Mike Enright)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Mar 1998 00:05:50 -0500

On 6 Mar 1998 16:54:02 -0500, Ben Speight <ceebds@cee.hw.ac.uk> wrote:

>BTW, I heard that Stroustrup _might_ be intending to update the book for
>the ISO standard now it's been finalised, documenting the standard
>library as well. Anybody know more?

Stroustrup has commented on his planned publications in newsgroups:

He says on one occasion:
The ARM (Ellis&Stroustrup: "The Annotated C++ Reference Manual") is
from 1989 with an "extra" chapter describing decisions of the C++
standards committee. By now, it is rather old and the standard is
finalized so a replacement can be considered. Together with Andrew
Koenig, I'm planning to produce an annotated version of the language
clauses of the standard. This will take a long time to do and requires
permission from ANSI and the ISO, so don't expect "The Annotated C++
Language Standard" to be available for another year.

... end quote