Re: dominator tree

"Richard F. Man" <>
13 Mar 1998 00:03:59 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
dominator tree (1998-03-05)
Re: dominator tree (1998-03-07)
Re: dominator tree (David Chase) (1998-03-07)
Re: dominator tree (1998-03-08)
Re: dominator tree (1998-03-12)
Re: dominator tree (Vugranam Sreedhar) (1998-03-12)
Re: dominator tree (Richard F. Man) (1998-03-13)
Re: dominator tree cliffc@jaberwocky.Eng.Sun.COM (1998-03-15)
Re: dominator tree (1998-03-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Richard F. Man" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Mar 1998 00:03:59 -0500

I believe a place I used to work for uses this algorithm in the
optimizer. I'm not sure whether I can mention the place or not in terms
of trade secret etc.

Suffice to say that it is from a major computer company (not HP ;-) )
and the compilers are used by lots of people and most people would
recognize the code name.
// richard

Aaron Leon Kaplan writes:
> > Has anyone implemented the dominator tree algorithm by Dov Harel
> > (idescribed in the paper "A linear time algorithm for finding dominators
> > in a flow graph and related problems")?
[Hmmn, have they read the followup papers pointing out the bugs in Harel's
algorithm? -John]