Re: Q: Operator Precedence Parser

fs29@rummelplatz.uni-mannheim.de (User fs29)
12 Mar 1998 02:07:45 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Q: Operator Precedence Parser shahn@galjas.cs.vu.nl (Sander Hahn) (1998-03-07)
Re: Q: Operator Precedence Parser fs29@rummelplatz.uni-mannheim.de (1998-03-12)
Re: Q: Operator Precedence Parser adrian@dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk (1998-03-12)
Re: Q: Operator Precedence Parser djello@well.com (1998-03-12)
Re: Q: Operator Precedence Parser jhallen@world.std.com (1998-03-15)
Re: Q: Operator Precedence Parser mikeq@primenet.com (1998-03-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: fs29@rummelplatz.uni-mannheim.de (User fs29)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 12 Mar 1998 02:07:45 -0500

Sander Hahn (shahn@galjas.cs.vu.nl) wrote:
: Hello,
:
: i want to learn more about operator precedence parsers. The operators
: should be dynamically overloadable, like in Prolog. Where can i find
: more information about this subject? (preferably online)

When implementing my T2 compiler, I was looking for a way to speed up
expression parsing (it used recursive procedure calls at that time).
Finally, I have managed to do almost the entire expression parsing
in a single procedure driven by a table containing integers to
represent the operator precedences. Because of the table-driven
approach, it should be easy to add, remove, and modify operators.

The T3 compiler (including C and T3 source code) which uses the described
method it available at my homepage:

http://webrum.uni-mannheim.de/sowi/fs29/w3/index.html

Bye,
nmh.