Re: what is the title of the book?

Ben Speight <>
6 Mar 1998 16:54:02 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
what is the title of the book? (Daxing Ye) (1998-03-03)
Re: what is the title of the book? (1998-03-06)
Re: what is the title of the book? (Ben Speight) (1998-03-06)
Re: what is the title of the book? [C++ reference manual] (1998-03-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Ben Speight <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Mar 1998 16:54:02 -0500

Daxing Ye wrote:
> Hi,
> Recently I went through the papers I collected on compiler techniques.
> I came across a copy of pages 122-127 of a book. It is Chapter 7,
> Declarations. The subsections contained in the copy are as follows:
> 7.2.1c Function Name Encoding
> 7.2.2c Decoding Function Names
> 7.3c Limitations
> I forgot what book I made the copy from. I'd appreciate it very much
> if some of you could tell me what book it is.

It's the Annotated C++ Reference Manual, by Margaret Ellis & Bjarne
Stroustrup, and published by Addison-Wesley circa 1990. I always keep a
copy within reaching distance when I'm playing with C++.

BTW, I heard that Stroustrup _might_ be intending to update the book for
the ISO standard now it's been finalised, documenting the standard
library as well. Anybody know more?