Re: which is better, bison++ or bison-A2.6

Alain Coetmeur" <acoetmeur@icdc.caissedesdepots.fr>
18 Feb 1998 22:59:10 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
which is better, bison++ or bison-A2.6 bweinra@uswest.com (Bret D Weinraub) (1998-02-12)
Re: which is better, bison++ or bison-A2.6 acoetmeur@icdc.caissedesdepots.fr (Alain Coetmeur) (1998-02-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Alain Coetmeur" <acoetmeur@icdc.caissedesdepots.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Feb 1998 22:59:10 -0500

As the (lone) builder of bison++-1.21-7 and flex++-2.3.7-8 I would givve all
my trust to flex2.5 and bisonA2.6...

flex2.4 have a very nice, and simple design and works well with bison++

bisonA2.6 is probably the evolution of bisonA1, which was very promising
at it's time... it must be good, yet I know nothing about it.

Flex++ and bison++ works well, but they have not evolved for years
(I have no time) and ahe an obsoleted basis (flex2.3 and bison 1.21)

If anybody know good c++ scanners/parsers I'm also veruy interested.

--
Alain Coetmeur. Informatique-CDC , mailto:acoetmeur@icdc.caissedesdepots.fr