Autom Parser Generator makes HTML Files from BNF grammars.

Paul Mann <autom@earthlink.net>
18 Jan 1998 10:13:54 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Autom Parser Generator makes HTML Files from BNF grammars. autom@earthlink.net (Paul Mann) (1998-01-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Paul Mann <autom@earthlink.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Jan 1998 10:13:54 -0500

I recently discovered Dave Wile's (at USC, in Southern California) web
pages and his PopArt stuff. I found the HTML form of BNF grammars to
be fascinating. So, I implemented this concept in the Autom Parser
Generator (APG, formerly LRGen).

With the html option, it now generates an ".HTML" file from the ".GRM"
file. If anybody wants to see the HTML file for the Cobol-85 grammar
it has been uploaded to the Autom web site at this page:

        http://home.earthlink.net/~autom/grammars.html

I'm currently asking visitors to fill out the survey form and submit
it, in order to get a password, sorry. But I need to know how much
interest there is in this stuff.

I'm thinking about implementing a grammar's complete state machine for
the parser tables in HTML form. Anybody interested in that? Send me
some responses.

Paul Mann
Autom Software
autom@earthlink.net