Which bison tools for C++

"Alain Coetmeur" <acoetmeur@icdc.caissedesdepots.fr>
14 Jan 1998 14:47:28 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Which bison tools for C++ acoetmeur@icdc.caissedesdepots.fr (Alain Coetmeur) (1998-01-14)
Re: Which bison tools for C++ robt@sensi.co.uk (Robert Trevellyan) (1998-01-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Alain Coetmeur" <acoetmeur@icdc.caissedesdepots.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Jan 1998 14:47:28 -0500

In the old time, when i was young, I've hacked flex (2.3... remember)
and bison(1.21...old isn't it?) to generate C++, publishing the free
flex++/bison++ package... I is stable but frozen, since I can no more
develop on it.

nowaday these package are based on obsoleted version of
flex/bison... flex 2.5 have a C++ support, that is good as I've heard.
but I've never heard of a widely used C++ bison-like system...

I've heard of andrew bison-A...

does anybony know such product, that should better be:
- widely used
- maintained
- free

does this exist...
are ther any commercial product widly used ?

visual Parse ?
yacc++ ?

This is to update the response I make to people that
ask me about flex++/bison++...

thank in advance.
--
Alain Coetmeur. Informatique-CDC , mailto:acoetmeur@icdc.caissedesdepots.fr