|egcs-1.0.1 release firstname.lastname@example.org (Jeffrey A Law) (1998-01-06)|
|From:||Jeffrey A Law <email@example.com>|
|Date:||6 Jan 1998 22:43:31 -0500|
January 6, 1998
We are pleased to announce the release of egcs-1.0.1.
egcs is a collaborative effort involving several groups of hackers
using an open development model to accelerate development and testing
of GNU compilers and runtime libraries.
egcs-1.0.1 is a minor update to the egcs-1.0 compiler to fix a few
critical bugs and add support for Red Hat 5.0 Linux. Changes since
the egcs-1.0 release:
* Add support for Red Hat 5.0 Linux and better support for Linux
systems using glibc2.
* Compatability with both egcs-1.0 and gcc-2.8 libgcc exception handling
interfaces (see below for further discussion).
* Various bugfixes in the x86, hppa, mips, and rs6000/ppc backends.
* A few machine independent bugfixes, mostly to fix code generation bugs
when building Linux kernels or glibc.
* Fix a few critical exception handling and template bugs in the C++
* Fix Fortran namelist bug on alphas.
* Fix build problems on x86-solaris systems.
To avoid future compatibility problems, we strongly urge anyone who is
planning on distributing shared libraries that contain C++ code to
upgrade to egcs-1.0.1 first (see
http://www.cygnus.com/egcs/egcs-1.0.1.html for details about the
compatability issues as well as additional information about the
bugfixes since the egcs-1.0 release).
egcs contains many improvements and features not found in gcc-2.7 and
even the soon to be released gcc-2.8 compilers.
* Integrated C++ runtime libraries, including support for most major
* The integrated libstdc++ library includes a verbatim copy of
SGI's STL release.
* Integrated GNU Fortran compiler
* New instruction scheduler
* New alias analysis code
See the egcs web page for a more complete list of new features,
installation instructions, build/test status, caveats, mailing lists,
You can ftp egcs-1.0.1 either as a full release, or as diffs from the
egcs-1.0 release from the following sites:
US (California) ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/egcs
US (Massachusetts) cambridge.cygnus.com:/pub/egcs
US (east coast) ftp.goof.com:/pub/pcg/egcs
US (Arizona) ftp.ninemoons.com:/pub/egcs
US (California) ftp.yggdrasil.com:/mirrors/site/ftp.cygnus.com/pub/egcs
Czech Republic sunsite.mff.cuni.cz:/GNU/cygnus/egcs
Germany (Berlin) ftp.fu-berlin.de:/unix/languages/egcs
Poland (Warsaw) sunsite.icm.edu.pl:/pub/programming/egcs
Sites which mirror indirectly via ftp.goof.com:
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.