Payware ???

"Paul Mann" <>
16 Dec 1997 11:25:12 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Payware ??? (Paul Mann) (1997-12-16)
Re: Payware ??? (1997-12-16)
Re: Payware ??? (1997-12-17)
Re: Payware ??? (1997-12-19)
Re: Payware ??? (Laurent Guerby) (1997-12-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Paul Mann" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Dec 1997 11:25:12 -0500

I'd like to know how many software developers are using a free
compiler for their work.

I'll bet most are using Microsoft Visual C++ and I'll bet it wasn't

Then I'd like to know how good it would have been if it were free.

My toolkit is not free, because I'm not a professor at a university,
wish I were but ...

If I were to give it away for free, I would be announcing version 1.0
instead of 5.0.

I've thought about giving it away for free. Any ideas, I'm listening

Paul Mann
[Depends on the platform. My impression is that most development on
Unix systems uses gcc and g++ which are freeware. -John]