Re: f2c imlementation guide

Dave Love <>
23 Nov 1997 19:59:47 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
f2c imlementation guide (EDDY) (1997-11-16)
Re: f2c imlementation guide (Dave Love) (1997-11-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Dave Love <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Nov 1997 19:59:47 -0500

  > The only documenation I know of other than the source code is
  > a tech note by Stu Feldman written in 1978.

I'm not sure what's required, but there's also a document `' in
the distribution, apparently an updated AT&T CSTR 149 which isn't the
same as that Feldman note (but probably shares some material). I've
seen reference to a document on the runtime too, but never got a copy.
How about trying the current maintainer, who seems a fine fellow?
[That document says that the internals of f2c are very unpleasant and
doesn't encourange you to plan to fiddle with them. -John]