YANLFA - Yet another newbie looking for advice

Juan Carlos Gil Montoro <jcgil@gmv.es>
18 Nov 1997 11:57:43 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
YANLFA - Yet another newbie looking for advice jcgil@gmv.es (Juan Carlos Gil Montoro) (1997-11-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Juan Carlos Gil Montoro <jcgil@gmv.es>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Nov 1997 11:57:43 -0500

Hi there!

I need to implement a simple interpreter for a simple language
(the keyword here is *simple*) which basically contains arithmetic
expressions anf if/else/endif constructs. The goal is to validate
a program written in this language and produce a translation into
FORTRAN and C. I've (almost) finished the BNF grammar and now I'm
in the stage of producing the scanner and parser (in C). Not wanting
to reinvent the wheel I've looked into yacc, lex and other various
tools from the List of Free Compilers list (BNF section) but ...
I feel lost in the maze.

Is there a caritative soul who could throw some light into the
darkness?

Also, is there a tool for cleaning my BNF grammar ?

Thank you!

Juan Carlos---
mailto:jgil@gmv.es