ANSI C++ Grammar and lex. ( Krishnan Nadadhur)
9 Nov 1997 12:05:10 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ANSI C++ Grammar and lex. (1997-11-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: ( Krishnan Nadadhur)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Nov 1997 12:05:10 -0500

Where can I find the latest ANSI C++ grammar (BNF) and lex specification?

Could somebody give pointers to available yacc spec. grammar and lex spec
of C++.

[People keep asking this. I don't know of anything newer than Roskind's
grammar that's mentioned in the FAQ. The grammar of C++ is so ambiguous
that it's nearly impossible to parse with standard yacc. There are some
modified versions that can back up and try alternatives that people have
written with C++ in mind. See the archives. -John]