|Teaching graphics/imaging interpreters and compilers email@example.com (1997-10-29)|
|Date:||29 Oct 1997 23:14:40 -0500|
|Organization:||VYSOR Integration Inc|
Expressions of Interest requested !
VYSOR Integration Inc is the developer of PiXCL, a Win95/NT4 graphics
and image processing language interpreter with an easy to teach, largely
self-documenting syntax. PiXCL is currently at v4.1. You can find full
details of PiXCL at http://www.synapse.net/~vysor/
We are considering making a PiXCL language and imaging API freely
available to University and College Computer Science Departments that
run courses in interpreters and compilers for senior undergraduate and
With the API for the PiXCL language, senior student projects could involve
- adding new commands to PiXCL directly
- optimising the parsing modules for speed or new functions such as
recursive parsing and code substitution
- creating new graphics and imaging functions in EXE or DLLs
- adding support for third party DLLs
- creating a PiXCL compiler from object code
The API for the PiXCL language using MS-Visual C/C++ 4 or 5 would include
- an educational site license for the current version of PiXCL Tools.
- OBJ/LIB/H files and necessary portions of source code
- Windows resource and project files
- full HTML instructions for extending the language
If using the PiXCL language and imaging API would be of interest to your
computer science department, please have an appropriate staff person contact
me by email directly. We can discuss how we might develop a partnership, and
what VYSOR would like out of this offer.
Stewart DIBBS, president
VYSOR Integration Inc
Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.