ACES (compiler evaluation)

Yves BM <ybm@3wpower.com>
29 Oct 1997 22:59:41 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ACES (compiler evaluation) ybm@3wpower.com (Yves BM) (1997-10-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Yves BM <ybm@3wpower.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada,comp.software-eng,comp.compilers
Date: 29 Oct 1997 22:59:41 -0500

Hello,
I am currently in the process of installing ACES, the Ada compiler
evaluation software tool, and I am looking for an honest critic of the
results this tool is expected generate. The documentation states that
a complete evaluation (executable size, lib management, Ada 95
language features, optimization efficacy.....) will take close to 6 to
8 weeks for installation and thorough evaluation (I am assuming that
is if one interested in exercising the entire test suites!!!)..

Before I commit myself I would like to hear about any interesting
thoughts on this tool. I have installed the necessary pretest and
harness codes and currently trying to resolve a problem with pretest
number 5 of 15. I am attempting to evaluate GNAT 10.10 on an HP
platform (HPUX 10.1).

Thank You
Yves BM

  Aces intro can be viewed at