Postscript Parser (David Withers)
17 Oct 1997 22:49:37 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Postscript Parser (1997-10-17)
Re: Postscript Parser (Tom Lane) (1997-10-19)
Re: Postscript Parser (1997-10-19)
Re: Postscript Parser (1997-10-21)
Parsing stack-based languages (Olivier Lefevre) (1997-10-26)
Re: Postscript Parser (Wolfgang Glunz) (1997-10-26)
Re: Parsing stack-based languages (1997-10-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (David Withers)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.postscript,comp.compilers
Date: 17 Oct 1997 22:49:37 -0400

I'm trying to create a tool that recognises rectangles and text in
PostScript diagrams and makes HTML image maps. Does anyone know of a
PostScript parser that creates AST's or a grammar that I can use to
make one?

David Withers
Department of Computer Science
University of Manchester
[Sounds impossible to do perfectly, but I suspect some heuristic pattern
matching could catch a lot of common cases. Postscript has practially no
syntax, parsing it is just turning RPN into a tree. -John]