Translation to Java

Tomas Granath <>
23 Sep 1997 23:41:12 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Translation to Java (Tomas Granath) (1997-09-23)
Re: Translation to Java (Erik Schnetter) (1997-09-24)
Re: Translation to Java (Jonathan G Campbell) (1997-09-24)
Re: Translation to Java (Tomas Granath) (1997-09-27)
Translation to Java (1997-09-27)
Re: Translation to Java (1997-09-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Tomas Granath <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Sep 1997 23:41:12 -0400

I'm doing a MSc project about translation from other languages to
Java, and would like hear if someone has had a look at the problems
involved in this; e.g. expressiveness of Java vs other object
oriented languages an so on.

The resources handling this topic on the net, that I have found,
are the excellent white paper "Porting C++ to Java" at:

And the two compilers C2J and C2J++ at (C2J) (C2J++)

Neither of theses compilers seem to handle the more complicated
problems in the paper as operator overloading and pointer
arithmetic. Anyone who knows of a compiler which does?

/Tomas Granath