Re: Procedure Calling Conventions

Shankar Unni <>
23 Sep 1997 23:16:54 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Procedure Calling Conventions (Mr. Yogi) (1997-09-12)
Re: Procedure Calling Conventions (1997-09-15)
Re: Procedure Calling Conventions (Shankar Unni) (1997-09-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Shankar Unni <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Sep 1997 23:16:54 -0400

Mr. Yogi wrote:

> please suggest me some reference/book on procedure calling conventions
> for intel's x86 family processors. I need to know the
> Caller-save/Callee-save partition of integer and FPU registers.

The Microsoft Visual C++ documentation has information on the calling
conventions that it uses (stdcall (the old Pascal convention), the
default C conventions, and their "fastcall" (rarely used) convention).

If no one else responds here with the details, or if Mr. Yogi cannot get
the details from the above reference, I can try to post a precis later..
Shankar Unni Powertel Global, Inc.
(650) 259-1700
(650) 259-1702 (fax)