Re: source conversion

Louis Tribble <letribble@msmail4.HAC.COM>
15 Sep 1997 21:39:52 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
source conversion Waverly@DigitSW.com (Waverly Edwards) (1997-09-12)
Re: source conversion sreeni@csc.albany.edu (1997-09-15)
Re: source conversion letribble@msmail4.HAC.COM (Louis Tribble) (1997-09-15)
source conversion derek@knosof.co.uk (1997-09-15)
Re: source conversion parrt@magelang.com (Terence Parr) (1997-09-23)
Re: source conversion gduzan@gte.com (Gary Duzan) (1997-09-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Louis Tribble <letribble@msmail4.HAC.COM>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Sep 1997 21:39:52 -0400

Waverly Edwards wrote:

> Has anyone done any source conversion using SORCERER. The product
> sounds interesting but I'm wondering if I need to be a compiler wiz
> in order to use it. Has it ever been ported to the Mac?

I've heard of a PCCTS 1.33 plugin for Metrowerks CodeWarrior but even
if it is solid, it may not support Sorceror. Try asking on
comp.sys.mac.programmer.codewarrior.

If you can use Java, then ANTLR (PCCTS) 2.x should be readily portable
to the Macintosh, and it incorporates Sorceror's functionality into
it.

Again, if you can use Java, take a look at JavaCC, also an LL(k)
parser generator. I have used it extensively on the Mac. It includes
Java and C++ grammars, and one of the examples is a source to source
converter (a translator from a simple extended Java to standard Java).

The JavaCC web page is at: http://www.suntest.com/JavaCC

Good luck,
Louis Tribble
Hughes Aircraft Company