Re: Best Lexer+Parser+ Compiler(C,C++,Java,Pascal) for W95?

Scott Stanchfield <thetick@magelang.com>
15 Sep 1997 21:24:21 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Best Lexer+Parser+ Compiler(C,C++,Java,Pascal) for W95? meyersx@enteract.com (1997-09-12)
Re: Best Lexer+Parser+ Compiler(C,C++,Java,Pascal) for W95? sreeni@csc.albany.edu (1997-09-15)
Re: Best Lexer+Parser+ Compiler(C,C++,Java,Pascal) for W95? thetick@magelang.com (Scott Stanchfield) (1997-09-15)
Re: Best Lexer+Parser+ Compiler(C,C++,Java,Pascal) for W95? shankar@powertelglobal.com (Shankar Unni) (1997-09-23)
Re: Best Lexer+Parser+ Compiler(C,C++,Java,Pascal) for W95? WStreett@shell.monmouth.com (1997-09-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Scott Stanchfield <thetick@magelang.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Sep 1997 21:24:21 -0400

I prefer ANTLR 2.0 + Java (or if you require C/C++, PCCTS 1.33)

I actually made this preference long before I joined MageLang, so don't think
it's a company-line thing... ;)

Much of the choice will depend on LALR vs LL preference. I prefer LL for
several reasons I won't go into 'cause I don't have time. Maybe later...

For ANTLR/PCCTS info, look at
    http://java.magelang.com/antlr

For some notes I've written on converting LALR to LL, see
    http://www.scruz.net/~thetick/lalrtoll.htm
(which should help ease the decision...)

For a good tutorial on PCCTS 1.33 (ring me own bell ;)
    http://www.scruz.net/~thetick/parseview

-- Scott

--
Scott Stanchfield -- http://www.scruz.net/~thetick