Re: Yacc parsers: Cleaning up the wreckage!

mch24@harvey27.demon.co.uk (Martin Harvey)
24 Aug 1997 14:56:06 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Yacc parsers: Cleaning up the wreckage! mch24@harvey27.demon.co.uk (1997-08-16)
Re: Yacc parsers: Cleaning up the wreckage! dwight@pentasoft.com (Dwight VandenBerghe) (1997-08-19)
Re: Yacc parsers: Cleaning up the wreckage! armbru@pond.sub.org (Markus Armbruster) (1997-08-20)
Re: Yacc parsers: Cleaning up the wreckage! mch24@harvey27.demon.co.uk (1997-08-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: mch24@harvey27.demon.co.uk (Martin Harvey)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Aug 1997 14:56:06 -0400

Many thanks to all of you who have helped me with this one.

What perhaps not everyone realised is that just because I was using
lex and yacc, this didn't necessarily mean that I was using C or C++.

I am actually using TP Lex & Yacc, and writing in Object Pascal, so I
don't have any problems with the odd habits that C++ compilers have!

In the end, I solved the problem by implementing my own garbage
collector, which uses a bit of object oriented trickery and multiple
destructors. I'm rather proud of it <g>. For those of you who code in
Wirth related languages, you may like to take a look at the source,
which has been posted on comp.sources.delphi. I suspect some of you
may find it useful, because it's very compact, and easily portable.

Martin Harvey.

Martin Harvey
Uni web pages: http://www-stu.pem.cam.ac.uk/~mch24/