Re: Multibyte lexical analysis (Sreenivasa Rao Viswanadha)
9 Aug 1997 20:09:11 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Multibyte lexical analysis (Rod Chamberlin) (1997-08-07)
Re: Multibyte lexical analysis (1997-08-09)
Re: Multibyte lexical analysis (Henry Spencer) (1997-08-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Sreenivasa Rao Viswanadha)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Aug 1997 20:09:11 -0400

Rod Chamberlin <> wrote:
> [ multibyte lexical analysis ? ]

I wrote the JavaCC (parser and lexer generator for Java) lexical analyzer
generator that generates lexical analyzers for 2 byte (java-style) characters
with very little overhead (< 10% increse inthe class file for Java lexer wehn
doing unicode processing). But it generates NFAs.

If you are just looking for such a tool, get it from :

If you want to know the algorithm, unfortunately I haven't documented it.
But if you want, we can do it by private email.