Re: Chill to C translator (Sreenivasa Rao Viswanadha)
24 Jun 1997 23:40:23 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Chill to C translator (Johan Hauan) (1997-06-20)
Re: Chill to C translator (1997-06-24)
Re: Chill to C translator (Shirish K.Karmarkar) (1997-06-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Sreenivasa Rao Viswanadha)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Jun 1997 23:40:23 -0400

Johan Hauan <> wrote:
>I am in need of a program that converts Chill source code
>to c\c++ source code. I doubt that anyone has made this program
>already since Chill isn't used by very many people. (Which is

In fact, there is one that I know of. There is this company in India -
Tata Research Development and Design Center (TRDDC) that developed
such a Chillto C translator (as well as a 68K compiler for CHILL) for
a client. I am no more with that company, but you can contact them for
info. The contact person is Prof. Keshav Nori and his email address
is :

This company is in Pune, India.

>post on this group, or both).I am also interested in any commercial

This was a commercial project at that time (1990-1991). But I don't know
what its current status is.