syntax checker/debugger ?

Gary <>
24 Jun 1997 23:35:39 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
syntax checker/debugger ? (Gary) (1997-06-24)
Re: syntax checker/debugger ? (Karsten Nyblad) (1997-06-30)
Re: syntax checker/debugger ? (1997-06-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Gary <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Jun 1997 23:35:39 -0400

I was thinking about how I would go about writing a syntax checker
and/or debugger for an interpreted language. Does anyone know of a good
resource that might talk about what algorithms and data structures lend
themselves to this task?

[A syntax checker is little more than a parser, it's pretty easy regardless
of whether the language is interpreted or compiled. Debuggers are harder,
I'll let others suggest references. -John]