Re: obtaining the TAG compiler-compiler

"Dwight VandenBerghe" <dwight@pentasoft.com>
19 May 1997 23:23:52 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
obtaining the TAG compiler-compiler dxs@november.diac.com (1997-05-16)
Re: obtaining the TAG compiler-compiler dwight@pentasoft.com (Dwight VandenBerghe) (1997-05-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Dwight VandenBerghe" <dwight@pentasoft.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 May 1997 23:23:52 -0400

dxs@november.diac.com wrote in article 97-05-199...
> Does Any One Know Where To Obtain The TAG Compiler-Compiler
> ((Transformational Attribute Grammar) ? The Address In The
> Archives Is Out Of Date And I Got No Response From Mailing
> To The Authors Of The Art of Compiler Design.

When I talked to James Peters about TAG he was at
jfpeters@ee.umanitoba.ca and he said that Tom Pittman was at someplace
like itty.bitty@apple.com. Somebody put TAG up at
ftp://itssrvl.ucsf.edu/pub/lang/TAG/TAG, but that server doesn't exist
any more, as far as I can tell. As a last resort you might try
contacting U Manitoba EE/CS department and asking for James Peters.

TAG wasn't in very good shape when I saw it: there were lots of bugs
in the book version, and the distributed version that I got ahold of
at one point was impenetrable.

Dwight